Ragnaros is a melee assassin hailing from the World of Warcraft universe. He is great at dominating lanes with AOE, decimating minion waves effortlessly, which means farming XP to keep your team ahead in levels.
As the lord of Azeroth’s fire elementals, Ragnaros desires nothing more than to burn the world to ash. Banished to the Firelands eons ago, the Firelord now turns his rage toward the Nexus, intent on incinerating everything and everyone within it.
This is a full transcript of the BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm: State of the Game panel. The event was held by the following panelists:
- Dustin Browder (game director)
- Alan Dabiri (technical director)
- Travis McGeathy (lead systems designer)
This is a full transcript of the BlizzCon 2016 Heroes of the Storm Deep Dive Panel. The event was held by the following panelists:
- Kent-Erik Hagman (lead hero designer)
- Jade Martin (game designer)
- Phill Gonzales (lead character artist)
- Edward Crane (3D artist)
- Alex Neyman (game designer)
The Heroes of the Storm Global Championship Qualifiers (HGC) will begin on November 19 in Europe and November 21 in North America.
There will be six teams per region. The top two teams at each of the three qualifiers will secure spots in their respective HGC, joining Team Dignitas and Fnatic in Europe; and Denial Esports and Astral Authority in North America.
The top eight teams in each region will be contracted and guaranteed both compensation and regular competition, with League Play kicking off in January.
Registration is open. You can register at Battlefy here.
For more information about HGC 2017, visit here.
Europe Heroes Global Championship Qualifiers:
- Qualifier #1: Saturday, November 19 and Sunday, November 20 at 5am PT
- Qualifier #2: Saturday, November 26 and Sunday, November 27 at 5am PT
- Qualifier #3: Thursday, December 1 and Friday, December 2 at 7am PT
North America Heroes Global Championship Qualifiers:
- Qualifier #1: Monday, November 21 and Tuesday, November 22 at 5pm PT
- Qualifier #2: Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4 at 3pm PT
- Qualifier #3: Saturday, December 10 and Sunday, December 11 at 3pm PT
Live Stream: www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes
North America: SolidJake and JHow
Several Heroes of the Storm cosplayers were summoned into the BlizzCon 2016 Nexus to clash for lol dominance and fanbase praise.
Blizzard Entertainment announced a major restructuring of the Heroes of the Storm eSports scene coming in 2017. Blizzard is shifting the Top-8 eSport competitions in each region into a uniform online league format. Plans for 2017 HGC leagues will be revealed soon. Qualifiers for HGC leagues begin this November. Read more here.
Highlights for the 2017 Heroes Global Championship (HGC) include:
- North America, Europe, China, and Korea will be shifting to a uniform online league format
- Top eight teams in each of these regions will be contracted and guaranteed both compensation and regular competition
- More consistency not only in your favorite rosters, but also in the scheduling, casting, and quality of broadcasts all-year round
- More international events matching rival teams from different regions against one another
- Competitors from Taiwan, South East Asia, Latin America, and Australia/New Zealand can look forward to local competitions that feed into the international events
- Addition of a Blizzard-sponsored Open Division with a promotion and relegation system giving amateur teams a clear path to HGC
During GamesCom 2016, Grubby interviewed Kaeo Milker to discuss details of the newest Heroes of the Storm expansion: Machines of War. Jump to 03:52:00 in the timeline to watch the interview.
Watch live video from FollowGrubby on www.twitch.tv
Aleksandra Zaryanova is one of the world’s strongest women and was a promising athlete, but all that changed when the Siberian omnium reawakened. As a soldier in the Russian Defense Force, she now proudly uses her strength to protect the ones she loves.
Alarak is a Melee Assassin hailing from StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. An aberrant melee assassin who can manipulate enemy’s position and punish poor enemy positioning.
Not all heroes are born of altruism… some, like Alarak, simply desire vengeance. As the new Highlord of the Tal’darim, Alarak leads his people to a destiny free of the corrupt influence of the fallen xel’naga, Amon.
During GamesCom 2016, Streamer Chu8 interviewed Heroes of the Storm lead systems designer Travis McGeathy to talk about the new Machines of War expansion. Here are some of the highlights:
- Braxis Hold will be in the PTR at the end of August.
- MVP of the Game will be introduced, and improved over the next few months.
- Healers and Tanks have a chance to be MVP
- Travis would like to see clans and social support in the future, but no announcements
In the Warhead Junction map, the nuke tooltip says the following:
NUKE: After channeling for 1.5 sec, launches a nuke dealing 2750 damage in a large area (30% max Health to Heroes). Damage is doubled to targets inside the center ring. If interrupted, nuke goes on a 10 sec cooldown. Max 1 per Hero.
Chu8 also played Machines of War during the 4.5-hour long stream. Below you can watch the VOD.
The interview takes place in the timeline at 03:30:00.
Watch live video from chu8 on www.twitch.tv