Blizzard announce the Eternal Conflict
This was announced during BlizzCon 2014 (with the presentation of some of the new Heroes from the Diablo universe and the concept map High Heavens against the Burning Hells), but now all of this is official. The next big update for Heroes of the Storm will be called “The Eternal Conflict”.
This new content will add most of the features previously said, but also another map currently being worked on.
The new Battleground
The Battlefield of Eternity
The Battlefield of Eternity is one of the new battleground that will be introduce with the patch, this will be a 2 lanes map with a central objective in the center. Two Immortals will appear a short time after the beginning of the game. The goal is to kill the enemy team’s Immortal while protecting yours from damage. When one of them is dead, the other one will focus its strength to one of the lanes.
This map will also replace the current mercenaries with new ones :
- The Siege Golems : Three Khazras.
- The Bruisers : A shaman and two Infernal Dogs that are re-summoned by the Shaman until he dies.
The New Heroes
The Butcher is the latest Heroes that will join the Nexus soon. A brutal melee assassin from the Diablo universe. His trait Fresh Meat allows me to gain in power every time he kills a minion or a hero (1% per minion and 3% per heroes up to a maximum of 25%) power that he will loose if he die.
Primary Abilities :
- Hamstring : Slams your axe down into the ground, dealing 40 damage and slowing units by 50%. This slow fades away over 2 seconds.
- Butcher’s Brand : Deal 32 damage to an enemy and cause your basic attacks against them to heal you for 75% of the damage done for 5 seconds. Healing doubled versus heroes.
- Ruthless Onslaught : Charge at an enemy, becoming unstoppable and gaining movement speed. If you reach the target, they are stunned for 1 second and take 110 damage
Heroic Abilities :
- Furnace Blast : After a 3 second delay, fire explodes around you dealing 685 damage to enemies. Can be cast while using Ruthless Onslaught.
- Lamb of the Slaughter : Throw a hitching post that attaches to the nearest enemy hero after a 1 second delay. This deals 75 damage and causes the enemy to be chained to the post for 4 seconds.
The Skeleton King
Only seen during the BlizzCon 2014 Heroes panel and in a recent Artwork where he’s featuring, the Skeleton King will certainly make his way to the Eternal Conflict, but maybe not at launch.
The new Skins
Of course, with new content there will be new skins to get. Since the Eternal Conflict will be related to the Diablo universe, some heroes will have skins related to. So far we saw an Amazon Nova (one of the classes from Diablo II), an Angel Diablo (that you can see on the Artwork above) also since May 18th Demonic Tyrael was removed from the game so he could have some update, we can judge again on the Artwork that he might be back for the patch.
Other Heroes will finally have new skins but non related to the Diablo franchise (such as the Prisonner Tychus and Cowboy Raynor)