Burning Crusade Hero coming to the Nexus?
Blizzard Entertainment teased today the next Heroes of the Storm Hero with a simple video clip showing the Dark Portal. But that’s no common Dark Portal. Here is a clue: the Red Dark Portal was added in the Warlords of Draenor expansion. But this is a GREEN Dark Portal… originally added in World of Warcraft vanilla, but it was opened for access to Outland in the Burning Crusade expansion (2007).
So either we are getting a red herring, and the hero is based on Warlords of Draenor (cough, Garrosh), or the BlizzHeroes Team is signaling a Burning Crusade expansion hero.
We know from Overwatch that the Fighters of the Storm 2.0 shows Garrosh. Even D.va says she is a Garrosh main player. However, if we are looking at a Burning Crusade expansion hero, then there are some peculiar candidates: The most notorious one is Khadgar.
However, there were several dungeons and many bosses. Karazhan, Zul’Aman, and Caverns of Time should be ignored, I assume. But Blizzard might surprise us. Among the most notorious candidates I can think of from the Burning Crusade expansion:
- Auchindoun (Nexus Prince Shaffar, Exarch Maladaar, Talon King Ikiss, and Murmur were the top bosses)
- Black Temple (We already have Illidan, but Teron Gorefiend sounds appealing)
- Caverns of Time (Archimonde, Mal’Ganis, Mannoroth)
- Coilfang Reservoir (the most notorious one is Lady Vashj)
- Gruul’s Lair (Gruul as a giant hero sounds interesting.)
- Hellfire Citadel (Magtheridon and Kargath)
- Isle of Quel’Danas (Kil’jaeden)
- Karazhan (We already have Medivh)
- Tempest Keep (We already have Kael’thas. None of the bosses feel right for Heroes of the Storm)
- Zul’Aman (We already have Zul’jin)
— Heroes of the Storm (@BlizzHeroes) July 19, 2017