Heroes of the Storm Patch 17.5 – Tracer Balance
Blizzard Entertainment deployed today patch 17.5 to address some balance issues with Tracer. As you may have already experienced when Tracer is in the enemy team, she’s simply too overpowered to counter one-on-one. She keeps attacking even walking away or backwards, attempts to click her is hard, skillshots are nigh impossible, and she heals by teleporting.
Blizzard has listened to the feedback and this patch decreased her damage, health and health-regeneration.
We’ve just released a new patch for Heroes of the Storm in order to apply a few balance changes. Check out the patch notes below.
- Health decreased from 1270 (+4% per level) to 1206 (+4% per level).
- Health Regeneration decreased from 5.25 (+4% per level) to approximately 5.02 (+4% per level) Health per second.
- Basic Attack damage reduced from 29 (+4% per level) to 27 (+4% per level).
- Focus Fire (Talent)
- Final shot damage bonus increased from 30% to 35% of the total magazine’s damage.
- Locked and Loaded (Talent)
- Damage bonus increased from 35% to 40%.
- Melee (W)
- Pulse Strike (Talent)
- Pulse Bomb charge bonus increased from 15% to 20%.
- Pulse Strike (Talent)
- Recall (E)
- Cooldown increased from 24 to 26 seconds.
- Slipstream (Talent)
- Cooldown reduction decreased from 4 to 2 seconds.
Developer Comments: As we’re sure many of you have noticed, Tracer is performing just a little too well on all fronts. While we are excited to bring her to the Nexus, we understand that in the right hands, she can be an absolute terror to the enemy team. We’re lowering her Health, Basic Attack damage, and increasing Recall’s cooldown to make her less universally powerful. We’re going to be giving back some of that Basic Attack damage on her Level 16 Talent tier to further separate Sleight of Hand from the other options, which should help the choice between more Pulse Bomb charges vs. stronger Basic Attacks feel like a more meaningful decision.
We also saw an opportunity to help improve her Talent pick rates, so we’re making minor adjustments to Pulse Strike and Slipstream.
We’ll continue to keep a close eye on her, as we believe she is similar to Illidan, where the right place from a balance perspective is more narrow than most of our other Heroes.
Heroes and Talents
- Bonus damage from the Sun King’s Fury Talent will no longer be applied when Kael’thas’ Basic Attacks miss due to Blind or Evasion effects.