Will Fenix join Heroes of the Storm?
Celebrating 20-years of StarCraft, Blizzard Entertainment announced the StarCraft: Remastered with support for 4K will be released this summer.
The BlizzHeroes Team has released new heroes at certain times coinciding with cross-game promotions in the past. Here are some notorious examples:
- Artanis joined the Nexus on October 27, 2015. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void was released on November 10, 2015.
- Tracer joined the Nexus on April 26, 2016. Overwatch was released on May 24, 2016.
- The Warcraft film hit theaters in the United States on June 10, 2016. It was no coincidence that Medivh was released on June 14th, followed by Gul’dan (July 12, 2016).
- World of Warcraft: Legion came out on August 30, 2016. King Varian perished at the Broken Shore, and 3 months later, Varian joined the Nexus (Nov 15, 2016).
- Alarak joined the Nexus on September 13, 2016. The next day, StarCraft II Patch 3.6 introduced a new Co-op Commander: Alarak.
With the precedents listed above, referencing heroes coming to the Nexus with other Blizzard games’ promotionals, it is not hard to make predictions. With StarCraft: Remastered just around the corner, coming this Summer, the question has to cross your mind: Is Praetor Fenix coming to the Nexus? Only time will tell.
Praetor Fenix was a close friend of Tassadar, Jim Raynor and Artanis; and played an important role in the original StarCraft and the Brood War expansion. The video below captures his first death, his return as a dragoon, and a bit of spoilers from StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.